"Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There
are games to be won."




Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Brownie in a mug!

SO I should be doing my homework for Research Methods class. or at least finishing up my mom's present for her birthday tomorrow. But no. I got a call from a Div1 college coach and was able to discuss soccer, coaching and life with her for the good part of an hour! So while we chatted I wrote some notes and browsed the web.  After she hung up, I found myself on a cooking site. I was pretty into our conversation so I have no idea how I got there or why but I was on the page of the most mind melting and easy idea. A chocolate cake in mug. I dont even like chocolate cake that much.  But this looked genius.  Unlike the woman who wrote about the experience she had, I didnt actually make it, I just drooled over it.  And figured I would share it with you for my own selfish purposes.  Selfish purposes? Oh yeah this is the best place for me to put a note to remind myself to bake these lil suckas up :)


microwave!
  • coffee mug
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 tablespoons whisked egg - 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy, 1 yolk is too dense, but 2 tblsp is just right!
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • splash vanilla or other flavoring - try peppermint or cinnamon
For a fudgier version, omit egg! Also there are reports of successful cakes that are made using chocolate pudding instead of cocoa powder so that will be the direction I most likely take due to the price of pudding vs. cocoa powder! Let me know if you like em!!

No comments:

Post a Comment