"Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There
are games to be won."
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Memory of a Goldfish
Today was the day I would start a blog. I was inspired by two blogs recently. I had one friend who was researching domain names for herself. And the second came from my obsession with wikipedia searching random things. Today it led me to a great blog titled Bacon and Skinny Jeans. [check it out] Nonetheles, I decided that I, too, needed to Blog about my infatuation with food, workout obsession, and the daily grind. I went to Blogspot, which I was familiar with because of a class project freshman year. I typed in my email. then I got stuck on "domain name". What will define ME? How do I express what I want you to get from me? I thought for a long time [planned a run with a classmate while I thought] and just kept gettting stuck on "SD from the SD". The name took root sophmore year of college when a teammate thought she was being clever and shouted it out to me as I ran down the field. As dumb as it may be, that was the moment I was really a part of the team! I had a nickname! I entered that into the empty space next to the prompt and was told that that was already taken. Confused, I typed in the name on the URL and found a Blogspot titled, SD from the SD. Someone had taken it from me. It gets even more strange, the name to the right of the screen was "sarahdevine". There is another Sarah Devine? Who lives in San Diego? I glanced at the top of the screen and saw that my choices included "Sign Out". Apparently I was logged on to the Blogspot of Sarah Devine from San Diego. The blog had been created in June of 2009. About the time of my final project freshman year that required that I use a Blogspot. I just shook my head, smiled and wrote this entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment